User Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your participation in Generous Adventures’ Travel Auction. In order to participate in our Auction, users must first Register to Bid. By registering, you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions below. Registration is subject to verification of the information provided by the registering user. We may immediately deny your bidding privileges if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
Registration information will be used for contacting you if you are a winning bidder and to notify you if you are outbid, or of any auction changes or closings.
The following describes the terms on which Generous Adventures offers you access to our services. By pressing the ” REGISTER” button, you accept the terms and conditions below.
By filling out our secure online registration form, you are committing to pay for all winning bids you have made. Your registration is processed immediately. You will be given a user name and password, (which will be emailed to you), and you may log in and begin bidding as soon as you receive it. You may not disclose or share your user name and/or password to any third parties – you are solely responsible for purchases/bids made with the use of your user name.
Our services are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to minors. If you do not qualify, please do not use our services. Generous Adventures may refuse our services to anyone at any time, at our sole discretion.
The Gift Certificates issued to winning bidders by Generous Adventures for won trips are not transferable or redeemable for cash, nor may the expiration dates be extended. Note that travel packages have various expiration dates and may be subject to availability. Travel packages may have blackout dates specified by the provider. Air transportation IS NOT included in a trip unless specified in the description on the Generous Adventures website.
Air and ground transportation, transfers, food, beverage, incidentals, activities, tours, taxes of any kind, service charges, energy charges, room service, gratuities, and all other out of pocket expenses are not included unless stipulated in the item description.
While Generous Adventures’ auction inventory represents unique vacations, our contracts with certain providers (hotels, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies, etc.) do not allow us to make special requests or services such as wedding arrangements, room upgrades, special category requests, group arrangements, children’s or senior rates etc. In the event your plans call for these types of special services, we regret that our travel auction may not be right for you and recommend that you shop through a full service travel agent.
Please note the following:
- Placing a bid without intent to purchase is fraud.
- Once a bid is submitted, it cannot be cancelled. If you have the highest bid at the end of the auction, at or above the minimum bid price, you are obligated to complete the transaction. Bids are not retractable.
- By registering for a user name and bidding in an auction, you unconditionally agree to these terms and conditions.
- We are not responsible for bids that are not processed or accepted due to technical difficulties.
- Generous Adventures reserves the right to reject or void any bid that we deem to be made in error or not in good faith.
- Generous Adventures reserves the right to alter closing times or remove auction items from sale at any time.
- Generous Adventures reserves the right to investigate the authenticity of a bid and/or bidder.
- All bids are made in US dollars only. All successful bids must be paid with Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, American Express or Paypal, within 5 business days of bid closing. You will be notified by email at the close of the auction if you are a winning bidder. At that time you will receive a link to our payments page, now featuring Paypal. Don’t worry! You do not need a Paypal account in order to pay. If you have a Paypal account, you can use it to make a payment. On the same payments page, below the Paypal payment option, you will also see an option to pay by credit card. Payment is due within 5 business days of bid closing.
- Generous Adventures reserves the right to revoke the privilege of participation for any reason. Please also note that in many states by basic definition of a contract, a bid is considered binding and failure to comply could result in legal action.
- Bid only on items you are willing to purchase.
- Bid only the amount(s) you are willing to pay for an item.
- Purchase the items you successfully bid for.
- Pay within 5 working days of the close of bids.
It is a violation of law to place bids using a false name. Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you.
Limitation of Liability
1. Generous Adventures is not a travel agent; promoter; or referral service. Nor is it an agent or representative of the organization benefiting from its services or any provider that has donated trips or accommodations. It is merely facilitating an auction of provided or donated trips and accommodations in order to benefit selected nonprofit organizations.
2. Generous Adventures does not endorse any of the trips or accommodations that have been donated to this auction. It has not conducted any inspections or investigation to determine the safety or quality of such trips or accommodations. Generous Adventures does not guarantee that donated trips or accommodations are environmentally sound.
3. Trip and accommodations descriptions are written by the providers. Generous Adventures is not responsible for their accuracy. Bidders wanting additional information regarding any specific trip or adventure should go to the provider’s web site or contact the provider directly. The values listed are estimates.
4. Generous Adventures and our beneficiaries are not responsible for the actions of the providers offering trips or accommodations. By submitting a bid, the bidder agrees to release, defend and hold harmless Generous Adventures and our beneficiaries from any claims, suits and liability arising from any trip, accommodation or other item obtained through the auction. The bidder agrees to address any such claims — including general dissatisfaction with the quality of the trip or accommodation or the provider’s failure to provide the trip or accommodation — directly to the provider.
5. In no event shall Generous Adventures or our beneficiaries be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the bidder’s participation in this auction or the trips or accommodations being offered. In no event will Generous Adventures’ liability exceed responsibility to provide the bidder with a similar replacement trip of comparable value.
6. Any claim against Generous Adventures or our beneficiaries arising out of this Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration before a single arbitrator selected by the parties or, in the absence of an agreement, by one selected by the Superior Court, State of Alaska, Third Judicial District at Homer. This Agreement shall be governed according to the laws of the State of Alaska.
7. Generous Adventures cannot be held responsible if the winning bidder does not follow up on winning bids. Written verification and contact information for your winning bid(s) will be mailed to winning bidders following the close of the auction. Reservations for trips and accommodations must be mutually arranged between the buyer and the donor, and it is the responsibility of the buyer to make all arrangements.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO EXCHANGES, REFUNDS OR SUBSTITUTIONS.
By clicking the REGISTER button, you agree to all the terms and conditions here stated.